Have you got a school or business presentation coming up? Are you looking for a creative out of the box newspaper themed presentation? A newspaper template for PowerPoint could be the answer.
You could create your own unique newspaper PowerPoint template design, but that takes lots of time. Designing from scratch may not be a good idea as well if you’re not a professional graphic designer. A lot can go wrong!
Create your next presentation with a fully customizable professionally pre-built newspaper PPT template. So, it’ll stand out, show how creative you are, look professional, and above all, save you loads of time.
In this article, we’ve gathered 20 of the best newspaper PPT template free downloads available. We’ve also listed some premium newspaper PPT background template designs from Envato Elements and some magazine or newspaper backgrounds for PowerPoint from GraphicRiver.
Dive in and find the news or newspaper template design that fits your requirements best!
Find the Best Premium Newspaper PPT Background Templates on Envato Elements (2021)
Let’s look at some professionally created premium newspaper PPT background template designs. These premium templates from Envato Elements are a great choice to take your presentation to the next level.
Envato Elements is an all-you-can-download powerhouse of creative assets. As a member, you’ll pay a low monthly fee. It gives you access to thousands of premium, professional creative resources that include:
- Professionally designed PowerPoint templates
- High-quality stock photos and royalty-free music
- Creative graphic templates, fonts, and more.
Without a doubt, the best go-to when you need to create a professional new magazine presentation in PowerPoint is Envato Elements. Most free newspaper PPT background templates found online could provide you with a quick fix. But they may not be unique, creative, easily editable, and as impressive as premium news PPT templates like those available on Envato Elements and GraphicRiver.
5 Best Premium Newspaper PPT Templates From Envato Elements for 2021
Here are five of the best premium newspaper slide templates on Envato Elements:
Diurna – Newspaper Template for PowerPoint is a classic and vintage newspaper themed presentation template. It’s suitable for any business presentation. Showcase your facts and figures professionally with the infographics that come along with this template. Diurna – Newspaper Template for PowerPoint is simple, clean and perfect if you’re looking for newspaper slide templates.
Seenews – Newspaper Article PowerPoint Template is a great template. Easily edit all elements or add animations in PowerPoint as no extra software is needed. This template comes with 30+ total slides with five premade colors. It’s a well-designed template that’s suitable for all business and personal needs.
If you’re looking for a news or magazine template that’s modern, creative and unique, The Magazine PowerPoint Template is a great choice. It comes with 150+ slides that are created professionally with strong design concepts. Take your presentation to the next step the Magazine PowerPoint Template.
Breaking News – Newspaper Template PowerPoint is a beautifully created modern newspaper slide template. The classic newspaper layout, along with the textured text titles and modern graphics, makes this newspaper slide template one of the best.
Easily add your content and customize this multipurpose template to create your next big presentation. Sinestesia – Magazine Newspaper Article PowerPoint Template contains modern, elegant, creative, and unique slides. They’ll help you create the best possible presentation.
5 Best Premium Newspaper Background for PowerPoint From GraphicRiver for 2021
Envato Market offers a pay-per-download model. It’s ideal for someone who needs a premium magazine or newspaper background for PowerPoint right away without paying a monthly membership fee.
Check out newspaper PPT templates on GraphicRiver if paying a low monthly fee isn’t something you’re looking for at the moment:
Almond – Newspaper Template PowerPoint is a well-crafted black and white minimalist newspaper-themed PowerPoint template. It’s suitable for just about any business or school presentation you may have. All graphics that come with these 50+ slides are resizable and editable. That allows you to customize this template to exactly how you need it to be.
Business Newspaper Layout PowerPoint Template comes with 16 unique slides. 2500 icons and handmade infographics are also included with this template. All objects are either vectors or smart objects, which makes them fully editable. Get the real look of a newspaper for your next presentation with this premium template.
This premium template is professionally designed to be clean, modern, and creative. Vanish – Magazine Newspaper Presentation PowerPoint template is great if you need to create a presentation that’s got a modern magazine or news feel to it. Easily add your images, text, and graphics to create your presentation in minutes.
This template is designed with smart and creative use of black and white elements. Use it to create a minimalistic magazine or newspaper-like feel. Magazine – Newspaper Layout PowerPoint template is perfect for anyone who is looking for a newspaper feel with not too much text on each slide. Use strong images or graphics to help grab attention and keep the audience’s focus.
Unlight – News Magazine / Newspaper Presentation PowerPoint template comes with more than 35 modern and clean slides. Use these professionally designed multipurpose slides for any business, school or personal use. Allow your next presentation to speak volumes of how creative and professional your brand is.
20 Free Newspaper PowerPoint Templates for Download in 2021 (From Around the Web)
We’ve looked at ten top premium newspaper templates in PowerPoint for 2021 from Envato Elements and GraphicRiver.
Before looking for a free newspaper layout for PPT on the web, check Envato’s free offerings first. Try out various premium template files (not always newspaper PowerPoint themes) at no cost to you.
Here’s the deal:
Every month Envato Elements offers 12 different hand-selected files, (fonts, presentations, videos, and more). Create a free account to download this month’s free premium files now.
Or try Envato Market for free. They offer seven handpicked monthly freebies. Log in with your Envato Market account to get this month’s handpicked premium freebies.
If premium templates aren’t something you can afford at the moment, this compilation of the best free templates may help.
Here are twenty news PowerPoint templates free to download online for 2021:
1. Free Press Release PowerPoint Template. This is a newspaper PowerPoint template free to download. It’s suitable for announcements or press releases. Free Press Release PowerPoint Template comes with a newspaper image and a silhouette of a man reading a newspaper.
2. Free PowerPoint Template Newspaper Headlines. Download a basic newspaper PowerPoint template free to use as the main slide design or as the background of your presentation slides.
3. Press Release – Newspaper PowerPoint Template Free Download. This template includes an image of a businessman reading the newspaper or press release. Use this very basic design template for any presentation.
4. Breaking News – Free PowerPoint Template Newspaper Headlines. Create the main slides or headlines with this design template. It comes with a blue background and a bold Breaking News text with effects.
5. MacCarthy – Free Editable Old Newspaper PowerPoint Template. A vintage-style free editable old newspaper PowerPoint template. Impressive and multifunctional.
6. Money – Free Newspaper PPT Background. If you need a finance news related template, this free template may be suitable for you. Do note that the pictures used in the image placeholder as examples aren’t included.
7. Mailbox – Free Editable Old Newspaper PowerPoint Template. This free template background is white, with three thin red strips on the left. On the right is an image of a mailbox with an old newspaper inside.
8. Economics News – Free PowerPoint Template Newspaper Headlines. This free to download template is suitable for any news, economics, and finance related presentations. It’s a simple yet effective slide design.
9. Newsprint – Free PowerPoint Template Newspaper Headlines. Newsprint is a bold presentation slide that comes in 4:3 format. Use it for any purpose as it’s simple and straightforward. This newspaper PPT template is free to download
10. Reader – Free Newspaper Article PowerPoint. This template comes with a yellow background, a green border, and an image of a newspaper with glasses on it. It’s a free to download template that does the trick.
11. Red Aesthetics – News PowerPoint Template Free Download. This fully editable design template has a variety of newspaper slides in black, red, and white. It comes as a 16:9 screen layout.
12. Language School – Free Newspaper Slide Template. This newspaper PPT template free download is fun and eye-catching for people of all ages. Use these slides as a school newsletter or for academic news.
13. Minimalist Color – Free Newspaper Layout PowerPoint. This colorful minimalist template gives a modern feel to the usual black and white layout. It helps bring some fun to the presentation.
14. Headlines – Free Newspaper PPT Template. This widescreen 16:9 format template is bold and classic. This template is perfect if you want the freedom to create using a barebone template.
15. Travel – Free PPT News Magazine Themed Template. This modern and creative travel news magazine themed template allows your images to shine.
16. Digital Company Newsletter Free. Clever use of red, white, and black to help you get your message across well. It also includes information about the fonts, colors, and credits of the resources used.
17. Free Editable Old Newspaper PowerPoint Template. Create your articles, news headlines, and insert images into them too. The background of the slides in the Free Editable Old Newspaper PowerPoint Template is sepia, the old newspaper color.
18. Free Editable PowerPoint Newspapers. Here’s another useful template if you need to create articles, news headlines and include your pictures as well. A few designs are available.
19. Free Newspaper Headlines PowerPoint Template. Create your catchy newspaper headlines or announcements. It’s fully editable.
20. Free Editable Olden Times Newspaper. Do you need to recreate a newspaper from the 1800s? The Olden Times publication theme comes with a sepia background and fonts designed to look exactly like a vintage newspaper. The newspaper PPT template is free to download.
How to Quickly Customize a Premium PowerPoint Template
Once you’ve found the perfect newspaper PowerPoint template, it’s time to customize it to match your presentation. For the purposes of this tutorial, I’ll be using the premium Newspaper PowerPoint Template from Envato Elements.
This template has a modern and clean design with more than 150 unique slides and five color variations. Let’s get started:
1. Choose Your Presentation Slides
The first step towards customizing your chosen template is to decide which slides you’re going to use.
To do this, open your template in PowerPoint and switch to Slide Sorter view. Then, hold Shift and click to select all the slides you don’t want to use. When you’re done selecting them, right-click and select Delete Slide. Then, switch back to the Normal view.
2. Replace Content
To add your own content, simply select a slide to start with, double-click on the text, and press CTRL+A to select all of it. Start typing in your own content.
3. Add Your Own Images
After you’ve added your content, it’s time to add your own images. Luckily, the Newspaper template comes with handy image placeholders. So, all you’ve got to do is click the picture icon and insert your own photos.
4. Customize Font Styles
Another way to make your presentation look more custom is to use your own fonts. To customize the fonts, click on any text, select it with CTRL+A and choose a different font from the drop-down menu.
5. Change Colors
Lastly, customize the colors used in the template. All you’ve got to do is right-click on any colored area, select Format shape, and choose a different color under the Solid Fill option.
5 Tips to Make Great News Style Presentation for 2021
Design your next news style presentation like an expert with these few quick tips. These five tips and tutorials will change the way you approach slide designs and help you create the best possible news presentation.
If you’re looking for the ultimate PowerPoint tutorial, check out our guide, How to Use PowerPoint (Ultimate Tutorial Guide):
1. Start With a PowerPoint Template (and Customize it)
Save yourself loads of design time and work by getting a pre-built slide template. Creating slides from scratch can be a tedious job that’s very time consuming if you aren’t used to it. Leave design to the professionals and get your hands on a suitable pre-built template.
Besides having a good layout design, icons, infographics, and animations you need, a pre-built template also comes with design ideas that spark inspiration. It’ll help guide you in the creation process.
Learn how to quickly customize a PowerPoint template in this tutorial:
2. Avoid Being Too Wordy
Often when we think of newspapers, we think of loads of texts on a page. This mindset contradicts how an excellent PowerPoint presentation should be.
Though your template is news-themed, text shouldn’t be cramped on the slide. Use bullet points, not paragraphs. Explain each bulleted item further during your presentation.
Learn more about how to write a professional PowerPoint presentation in this tutorial:
3. Use Plenty of Images and Infographics
A picture paints a thousand words. To keep your presentation from being too wordy, you can also use plenty of images. Infographics are ideal when you’ve got loads of facts and figure to present. By turning boring data into infographics, you make it easier for your audience to stay focused and interested.
Learn more about images, charts and graphs in these tutorials:
- Microsoft PowerPointHow to Work With Images in PowerPoint (Complete PPT Picture Guide)
- Microsoft PowerPointHow to Make Great PPT Charts & Graphs in Microsoft PowerPoint
4. Cut Distractions
There are a few ways your presentation may be distracting to your audience:
- There’s too much animation or flashy transitions.
- It’s got cluttered or busy slides.
- It’s got too much audio.
- It’s poorly designed, has bad alignment or isn’t readable.
Use animation, transitions, and audio only when it’s appropriate. Keep your slides simple and leave plenty of white space around your text and graphics. White space will make your presentation more visually appealing, less cluttered, more readable, and easier to follow.
Not sure how to align objects in PowerPoint? Check out this tutorial:
5. Use Bright Colors to Draw Attention
Often, news-themed presentations are black and white. Use bright colors to highlight certain parts of your presentation. These highlights help draw your audience’s attention to the interesting bits on your slides. It also helps keep them focused and interested in your presentation.
5 Design Trends For PowerPoint Presentations In 2021
If you want your presentation to shine and stand out, you need to know what the current design trends are. This will make your presentation look modern and polished. Here are five design trends to keep in mind for 2021:
1. Bold Typography
Bold typography is just the thing you need to draw attention to your headlines and main points of your presentation. The Newspaper template from Envato Elements is a good example of a template with eye-catching typography.
2. Make It Interactive
PowerPoint allows you to play videos automatically in your presentations. With video becoming more and more popular, it’s time to capitalize on this and make it a part of your presentations.
3. Mix Text and Picture Slides
Mixing text and pictures on the same slide makes your presentation visually more appealing. The Kabarin template has tons of mixed slides that you can use as a starting point for your presentation.
4. Go Abstract With Shapes
Forget adding pictures in circles or squares. Instead, be different and opt for more abstract shapes that look like a mix of a circle and a square blended together.
5. Opt for a Monochrome Color Scheme
Go old school with your presentation and opt for a monochrome color scheme. This is one of the best ways to make your presentation truly look and feel like a newspaper. A template like Diurna is a great starting point for this presentation style.
Discover More Great PowerPoint Templates for 2021
Didn’t find the best news themed PowerPoint presentation you were looking for? Check out more of our best PowerPoint templates for 2021 below:
- PresentationsThe Best New Presentation Templates for 2021 (Top PowerPoint PPTs & More)
- Microsoft PowerPoint25+ Cool & Creative PowerPoint Templates (Free PPTs to Download 2020)
- Microsoft PowerPoint25 Best Fully-Customizable PowerPoint Templates (Make Custom PPTs 2021)
5 Benefits of Using the Top Premium PowerPoint Presentation Templates
With all these free PowerPoint templates available online, you might wonder why you should even consider using a premium newspaper PPT template. Here are five reasons why you should use a premium PPT template for your next presentation:
- A premium template saves you time. When you start out with a top PowerPoint presentation design, you’ll start out with the majority of layout and content placeholder in place. All you’ve got to do is replace it with your own content.
- The finished presentation has a professional design. The best PowerPoint presentation templates were designed by professionals. That means the end result looks polished and not amateurish.
- Professional templates include plenty of slide ideas. You don’t have to wonder what to include in your presentation and can use the built-in ideas to spark your creative process.
- Professional PPT templates have plenty of customization options. You can change fonts, use your own colors, add your images, and other details that’ll help your presentation make a visual impact.
- The slides stand out. Professional newspaper PPT templates have unique designs that are nothing like the built-in templates from Microsoft office. So, your presentation will stand out more.
Benefits of Envato Elements (The Power of Unlimited Use)
Envato Elements has a compelling offer: one flat rate gives you access to thousands of presentation templates.
Your monthly subscription also unlocks thousands of other design assets. Use them in your presentations. The subscription includes icons, fonts, photos, and more.
Sign up for Envato Elements and get access to thousands of unlimited use graphics and templates. Choose from web themes to presentation templates, and more—all for one low price.
Common PowerPoint Questions Answered (FAQ)
If you’re using PowerPoint for your presentation or if you’re thinking about using PowerPoint, you probably have some questions about the program. After all, it’s a powerful program with tons of features. Here, we’ve gathered the most common questions about PowerPoint to give you answers:
1. Can I Make PPT on My Phone?
Yes, you can. There’s a mobile app for PowerPoint and it’s available for both Android and iOS users. But keep in mind that the screen size of your smartphone might feel a tad limiting when working on your presentation. You might want to opt for designing your presentation on a tablet or on your computer.
2. What Are the Advantages of Using PowerPoint?
PowerPoint has been around so long that it’s practically considered an industry standard for presentations. Use it on both Windows and Mac computers. It’s got tons of premade templates along with useful features to help you create stunning presentations.
3. Is PowerPoint Better Than Keynote?
Both Keynote and PowerPoint are powerful programs that can be used for all kinds of presentations. The answer to this question depends on a few different factors such as which software you’re more familiar with and which features you need.
We’ve got a detailed comparison that can help you decide which program you should use for your next presentation.
4. Can I Convert Keynote Presentations to PowerPoint?
Yes, you can. We’ve got a detailed step-by-step tutorial that’ll walk you through the entire process:
5. What Dimensions Should My Slides Be?
If you set your slide dimensions to the wrong size, your presentation might be cut off or displayed differently on different screens. Luckily, we’ve got a guide to help you choose the right dimensions for your slides to ensure your presentation looks good no matter what.
Learn More About Making Great PowerPoint Presentations
Creating a great presentation isn’t difficult. But it can be daunting when you’re using a powerful program like PowerPoint and you don’t know the software. Thankfully, we’ve got plenty of tutorials to help you learn more about making great PowerPoint presentations. Get started with these tutorials:
- PresentationsHow to Write a Professional PowerPoint Presentation (Discover the Writing Process)
- Microsoft PowerPoint50 Effective PowerPoint Presentation Tips (To Improve Your Skills)
- PresentationsHow to Create Great PowerPoint Presentations (With Top 2020 Examples)
Grab a Premium PowerPoint Newspaper Template in PowerPoint Today!
Is your school or business presentation deadline around the corner? You don’t have much time to start from scratch. A professional pre-built newspaper template in PowerPoint from Envato Elements is a great place to start. Also, browse through our collection of premium magazine or newspaper background for PowerPoint on GraphicRiver.
Don’t be tempted by newspaper PPT templates for free download. Premium newspaper templates for PowerPoint are better than any new PowerPoint templates you find online for free. But if you’re strapped for cash, we’ve also shared some free editable newspaper PowerPoint templates.
By choosing the best newspaper PPT template that fits your requirements, you can immediately work on the best professionally created design style. You’ll also have a good idea of how your completed presentation is going to look.
Save time, work smart and create your next professional newspaper PowerPoint presentation swiftly with a premium pre-built template!
Editorial Note: This article has been updated with contributions from Brenda Barron. Brenda is a freelance instructor for Envato Tuts+.